Links and Resources
The following brief list of links includes only some Missouri public and not-for-profit information resources related to Latino immigration and changing communities, as well as some government information sources. There are also links to other US websites that specialize in keeping up-to-date information on issues related to Cambio Center activities.
University of Missouri resources
- Cambio Center Publications. Articles, thesis, and reports.
- Cambio de Colores conference Library. The most extensive source of research and best practices about immigration in Missouri and the Midwest.
- MOSpace list of Cambio Center Research contributions
- Alianzas - a University of Missouri Extension program aimed at the growing immigrant Hispanic populations.
- Department of Romance Languages and Literatures, College of Arts and Sciences
- Chancellor's Diversity Initiative
- Multicultural Mizzou: A brief timeline of social change and noteable firsts at Mizzou
- MU Voz Latina (formerly the Hispanic/Latin American Faculty and Staff Association) of the University of Missouri-Columbia
- Association of Latin@ American Students (ALAS), MU Chapter
- MU Latino/a Graduate Professional Network
- Multicultural Center
- Missouri Attorney General
- Missouri Department of Economic Development's Missouri Economic Research and Information Center has many reports on Hispanic population changes, business ownership, and other updates.
- Hispanic Business, Trade and Culture Commission, a statewide advisory body to the Missouri Department of Economic Development, on trade and investment issues of importance and relevance to the Hispanic business community in Missouri. It was created in 2005.
- Missouri Governor's Commission on Hispanic Affairs. Annual Report 2004. This Comission was abolished in December 2005.
- City of Columbia-Missouri: Información en español
- Dos Mundos - Kansas City bilingual newspaper / Periódico bilingüe de Kansas City
- Hispanic Town - A web portal for Hispanics in Missouri: St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield (bilingual) / Portal web para latinos en Missouri: St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield (bilingüe)
- Adelante! - A bilingual newspaper for mid-Missouri / Periódico bilingüe para Missouri central (Closed)
Each of the following sites contain sections of up-to-date relevant links.
- Migration Policy Institute - an independent, nonpartisan, nonprofit think tank in Washington, DC dedicated to analysis of the movement of people worldwide.
- Immigration Policy Center - is the research and policy arm of the American Immigration Council. IPC's mission is to shape a rational conversation on immigration and immigrant integration.
- Immigration Impact - the American Immigration Council's blog.
- Welcoming Economies Global Network - The WE Global Network is comprised of more than twenty regional economic development initiatives from across the Midwest working to tap into the economic development opportunities created by immigrants.
- GobiernoUSA - Official Portal of US Federal Government resources in Spanish / Portal oficial en español de recursos gubernamentales del gobierno federal de los Estados Unidos.
- CuidadodeSalud.gov - The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services unveiled CuidadodeSalud.gov, the first website in Spanish of its kind to help consumers take control of their health care by connecting them to new information and resources that will help them access quality, affordable health care coverage.
- Facts on the Hispanic or Latino Population - U.S. Census Bureau portal.
- The Julián Samora Research Institute - A research center dedicated to Latino communities in the Midwest (Michigan State University)
- Rural Migration News, University of California-Davis
- Mexican Migration Project / Proyecto sobre migración mexicana, Princeton University and Universidad de Guadalajara.
Miscellaneous Links (suggested by Cambio Center fellows)
Missouri Census Data Center: demographics by county
Learn about Latino and Immigrant Newcomers:
New Americans in Missouri, by American Immigration Council
Hispanic or Latino? mini comic